Monday, March 15, 2010

Blueberry sage pasta

holy moley! this is so delicious! I think purple tinted dishes are the way to go. I'm so happy with how great this turned out!

what you need...
Pasta (I used penne. I wouldn't recommend spaghetti like pasta)
chicken breast
blueberries (I got two small containers)
sage (or whatever fresh herbs you're in the mood for!)
sweet onion
Parmesan cheese (fresh! not from the gross canister)
Cream (I actually used fat free half and half... I'm an awful chef)
Crushed Red pepper
Butter!!

what you do...
1. saute the onion in butter (thank you!!) until soft then add in one container of the blueberries.
2. Add the container of cream, sage, and Parmesan cheese. I used about a cup of cheese
3. In the meantime, boil water for your pasta. when its ready, make the pasta. Not mushy!
4. In another pan (sorry!) add the other container of blueberries and butter (I'm an addict now). Saute for a bit and add your chicken. The chicken will take on an awesome purplely color.
5. When the chicken is done, add that and the blueberries to the sauce.
6. Toss in the pasta and enjoy!

-fish

No comments:

Post a Comment